Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Finally decided what to do with the back of my House for my swap (check below for front). The background paper is sprayed with Color Mists from Aileens Outside the Margins. Then I used white Webbing spray after the colormists dried. Stamped with Distressed ink. Cut out the heart with my sizzix (haven't used that in a LOOOONG time, then added graphics torn papers and napkins. 16 are completed have to finish the rest. 34 in all. Better get my buns in gear cause they are due the 15th.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Wanted to show the marbled background Tech. Without covering it up with a image so added a Transparency. Not sure if I would do this technique again, Was very messy, Cause I used shaving cream and acrylics. Has to be a easier way but that is what I had on hand.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This is where my muse took me. I had it all drawn out to add little rooms, with my fish, birds, flowers, and adopted cat. But my muse had other ideas. Ok, so here is the explanation on how this came about. I live in Central CA. where wine is king. Hence, the grape printed napkin. My Grandchildren are the center of my universe, so this little one reminded me of one of them. (couldn't fit all 14 on one 3x7 page.)
Now I just have to come up with the chunky part to add to it and its good to go. I hope. LOL
Monday, July 16, 2007
The first one I scanned alone, the others I scanned together. Hence, the difference in size. These are ATC's for a metal tape swap. I am not a dry emboss person, so this was my first attempt. Learn something new all the time. Stay tuned for Teesha Moores ATC's. Those are a work in progress at the moment.
Monday, July 02, 2007
1. Favorite time of day for me is early morning. Its when I get the most done in my day. Especially in the summer months, because it gets so hot here in the afternoon.
2. Art is my favorite past time. I would love to own my own studio where I can have classes and play all day.
3. I love to read. Give me a good book and a corner and I will be good for the rest of the day.
4. I love flowers and like to garden WHEN its cool out. I want a garden that has little room areas around the yard where you can sit and rest and just take in nature. I have one wall that I am thinking of taking a paintbrush to and doing a mural.
5. I am a shopaholic when it comes to art supplies, like all artists and crafters are. If I don't have it handy then I need to order it. Need to get out of that habit and work with found objects more.
6. I have a dream to go to Mexico and take a class with Micheal Deming. He does such fun work and I want to go on one of his junk hunts down there. Wouldn't that be fun? YES it would for me.
7. I love to travel, hubby is a stay at home, so we don't go out much. I want to go to swap meets, antique shops, junk stores, just spend a month and collect all types of fun finds to work with. Told you I was a shopaholic. LOL
On a personal note, I find it hard to communicate with people I don't know, in a group inviorment. Takes me awhile to warm up and have a conversation. Guess thats # 8. So I will go find someone to tag now. Thanks Charleen for the tag. LOL
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Here is the link for the countdown. http://countdown.tentwostudios.com:80/
Monday, June 04, 2007
Spent the day yesterday Making Fabric papers.
I started out with Muslin fabric and cut them into managable pieces. Then I used regular white glue deluted with water and sponge brushed that on to the muslin. Next I took white tissue paper, torn into pieces and glued them onto the fabric till it was covered. Added more glue. Next took papers in the color I was working in and torn book pages, colored tissue and textured papers and added those. Then another layer of glue and Tissue and glue again. Messy but fun. Lastly I used acrylic paints, pearl ex powders, Acrylic inks and painted whole thing. Let it dry over night then stamped with St
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
I have been busy, just not with art, so I am trying to catch up with some swaps. This is a ATC with a Patriotic theme. This is for a swap at my ATC group. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arttechniquesatcs/
I am Putting off doing the Ann Bagby theme one. Still haven't come up with a idea yet. We do a artist a month. Last month was Tim Holtz. You can see that one below.
Monday, May 14, 2007
Madeleine McCann was abducted from where she was sleeping. If you do see her, please notify authorities immediately.
Can all bloggers please put a photo on their blog to help find this poor little girl. As a community we should all work together. She is somewhere, and every little bit helps.
Saturday, May 12, 2007
I have been racking my brain to come up with a ATC art doll. Well after 3 different ones. This is the one I am going with for a swap. This is a proto type, I may change the background. or add to it. Not sure yet. Let me know what you all think. Do I need to go back to the drawing board?
Friday, May 04, 2007
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Monday, April 09, 2007
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
Another Fairy Page. LOL I am on a fairy roll, and loving the Wimsey in these.
The background was done with Deli wrap and Color Mists, torn patterned paper and napkins. I love the colors of these color mists, and they are so easy to work with. Just spray. How easy is that? You can get them from Aileen at outside the margins. Her link is to the left. No affiliation just a happy customer.