Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Finally decided what to do with the back of my House for my swap (check below for front). The background paper is sprayed with Color Mists from Aileens Outside the Margins. Then I used white Webbing spray after the colormists dried. Stamped with Distressed ink. Cut out the heart with my sizzix (haven't used that in a LOOOONG time, then added graphics torn papers and napkins. 16 are completed have to finish the rest. 34 in all. Better get my buns in gear cause they are due the 15th.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Wanted to show the marbled background Tech. Without covering it up with a image so added a Transparency. Not sure if I would do this technique again, Was very messy, Cause I used shaving cream and acrylics. Has to be a easier way but that is what I had on hand.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This is where my muse took me. I had it all drawn out to add little rooms, with my fish, birds, flowers, and adopted cat. But my muse had other ideas. Ok, so here is the explanation on how this came about. I live in Central CA. where wine is king. Hence, the grape printed napkin. My Grandchildren are the center of my universe, so this little one reminded me of one of them. (couldn't fit all 14 on one 3x7 page.)
Now I just have to come up with the chunky part to add to it and its good to go. I hope. LOL
Monday, July 16, 2007
The first one I scanned alone, the others I scanned together. Hence, the difference in size. These are ATC's for a metal tape swap. I am not a dry emboss person, so this was my first attempt. Learn something new all the time. Stay tuned for Teesha Moores ATC's. Those are a work in progress at the moment.
Monday, July 02, 2007
1. Favorite time of day for me is early morning. Its when I get the most done in my day. Especially in the summer months, because it gets so hot here in the afternoon.
2. Art is my favorite past time. I would love to own my own studio where I can have classes and play all day.
3. I love to read. Give me a good book and a corner and I will be good for the rest of the day.
4. I love flowers and like to garden WHEN its cool out. I want a garden that has little room areas around the yard where you can sit and rest and just take in nature. I have one wall that I am thinking of taking a paintbrush to and doing a mural.
5. I am a shopaholic when it comes to art supplies, like all artists and crafters are. If I don't have it handy then I need to order it. Need to get out of that habit and work with found objects more.
6. I have a dream to go to Mexico and take a class with Micheal Deming. He does such fun work and I want to go on one of his junk hunts down there. Wouldn't that be fun? YES it would for me.
7. I love to travel, hubby is a stay at home, so we don't go out much. I want to go to swap meets, antique shops, junk stores, just spend a month and collect all types of fun finds to work with. Told you I was a shopaholic. LOL
On a personal note, I find it hard to communicate with people I don't know, in a group inviorment. Takes me awhile to warm up and have a conversation. Guess thats # 8. So I will go find someone to tag now. Thanks Charleen for the tag. LOL